whos.amung.us

Artist Pick

Artist Pick:

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Pals Holiday Hop for Fall is here!




Like last month with our Halloween Hop a group of talented Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators are ready to show off their paper crafting skills giving you some ideas for your projects for this Fall season.
If you came directly to this blog, you can still visit our Holiday Hop full circle.  Move with the "previous"  or "next" buttons below the projects and see all we have for our guests.  Feel free to return anytime.  Please, leave your comments, they mean a lot to us!  Mark your calendar for our next Holiday Hop:
  • Christmas/Winter – December 1, 2009
For this Hop again, I wanted to make three projects, a card, a 3D Project and a scrapbook page using My Digital Studio.  I have been using MSD very frequently these days.  As a first time digital scrapbooker I really thought it would take much more time to feel at ease with the software but it is really not hard.  But like they say:  "Practice makes perfect".  While I continue practicing to someday make close to  perfect pages I want to share with you this one I made with the Thanksgiving theme in mind.  I was in a trip across the mountains of my beautiful country Puerto Rico.  The sights were splendorous and majestic.  I remembered how lucky I am and how much I must give thanks for.  My page is entitled:  "Dios, te doy gracias"( God, I thank you for..."




My second project is a Thanksgiving card.  I used the Autumn Meadows DSP paper using both sides of the designs.  I made my base with very Vanilla and also use Dusty Durango and Tempting Turquoise for layering.  The birds and the branches were cut with the Birds with leaves and flowers die (113465) and the greeting was punched with the scallop oval  punch (114889) and the large oval punch (107305). The greeting set is "Todos Ovalados".






My last project is a Sachet Envelope.  I used the Autumn DPS from our mini catalog (118769).  I actually cut my envelope using a regular Stampin'up envelope which I opened and used as a template.  I prepared the envelope and poke several holes   with my mat pack (105826) and my piercing tool(116631).  The holes are needed so the fragance of the sachet crystals can flow out.  I embelished the sachet using the flowers from Blossom Party (115971) using the die with the BigShot is a breeze.  I used  Crushed Cury, Tempting Turquoise and Dusty Durango card stock.  I cut the leaves with the exclusive Sizzix die "Little Leaves" (114511) and I attached the Round Tap punch out shape in the top of the sachet in the event the receiver wants to hang it. (108340).  I used a little raffia bow and Alpine ribbon layering the belt made of paper.  I added the  sentiment in Spanish "Gracias por tu amistad" (Thank you for your friendship). I found the project very pretty and the crystals can be purchase individually for close to a buck or buy them in bulk if you plan to do several.   This could be  a wonderfully fragant and pretty give for a special friend during the holidays.







I hope you liked my projects and could take some ideas for your own projects this Fall.  Now, If you came all the way from Kris blog and came here from Gina's this is your last stop.  If not, you can Hop all the way around using the buttons below.  Thanks for visiting and I hope to have you again very soon.  






















Previous                                                                                                       Next   


HOLIDAY HOPPER LINE-UP     


1.  Kris (Kween Bee Kreations)
2.  Carla (Carla's Scraps)
3.  Linda (Stampin' Seasons)
4.  Mary (Stampin' Pretty)
5.  Trish (Soul Stamper)
6.  Jill (Stamping Heart) 
7.  Liz (DIY Paper Creations) 
8.  Kim (Stamp, Scrap, Get Kreative) 
9.  Kalshelia (Stampin' Fabulousity) 
10.  Regina (The Stampin' Bean) 
11.  Margaret (Margaret Moody) 
12.  Debbie (Stampin' Sunshine) 
13.  Ann (The Stampin' Schach) 
14.  Gina (Cards by Gina) 
15.  Lourdes (Cozy Crafty Corner)

       




                                                                                                                                                                      

  K

22 comments:

Lourdes Torres said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting. I am sorry for some last minute technical problems. I hope you enjoy the projects and don't worry much about the mistakes! Lourdes

Linda Callahan said...

You used beautiful fall colors - love all the flower effects and that raffia is perfect on your sachet!

Regina Mangum said...

Hi Lourdes! Your projects are beautiful, and I love the color combination. Lovely! XO

Mary Fish said...

Lourdes: Your work is impeccable. The scrapbook page is lovely and the card (I had the same paper in mind today) is amazing with the bird. You have such a wonderful sense of color and balance. Hugs, Mary

Cards by Gina said...

Lourdes, I love all of your projects today. Each one is so pretty and so unique. You inspire me to really start using MDS. Thank you!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Your projects are beautiful!

I love your scrapbook page in MDS. Beautiful colors, layout and you look so pretty - it's nice to see someone use a photo of themselves on a scrapbook page.

Too often we focus on others - it's nice to remember ourselves once in a while. :)

Annie said...

thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment, and I've enjoyed browsing your blog.
hugs, annie x

Kim said...

Beautiful fall projects Lourdes. I love your MDS page and I can't wait until mine arrives to CASE it!

Patti MacLeith said...

Excellently done! I like your scrapbook page the most. I cannot wait to play with my MDS more. Happy Thanksigiving!

Carla said...

Oh Lourdes, your projects are fantastic. I love them all! Hugs,

Stampin' Diva said...

Lourdes, Loved everything. I was blown away by the scrapbook page, it definitely didn't look like beginner work.

Love the card and the sachet. I thought of you, when I use my stamp set for the inside.

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful projects, Lourdes! I especially love your scrapbook page! Just fantastic!

Jezer Rivera said...

guau... de verdad que tienes creatividad y arte... estan super bellas, en especial la del pajaro.

Margaret Moody said...

Oh my goodness, Lourdes! I don't know what I like best!!! I love the page you designed with MDS! Absolutely gorgeous! Love your beautiful card, too! The bird against the DSP is so pretty! The sachet bag is too clever! I love all the wonderful colors you used for it and the great embellishments! Great idea and great tutorial for making it! I'm going to try to make some as little gifts! See...I still don't know which project I like the best! LOVE them all! Hugs!

Surella said...

Lovely Lourdes Suegris de my heart!! Que bellas toodas tus creaciones...You're the BEST!!! Love you very muito!!! :) My favorite is the one with the prayer... Besos :) :)

Anonymous said...

Your scrapbook page is incredible. I love it! and your cards are wonderful. Love that bird. The colors you've chosen for your projects are so pretty. You have a great sense of style!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lourdes, thank you for visiting me. I love the fact that blogging really does reach all the way around the world ! Your projects are great. Will pop back again soon. Sue C x

Anonymous said...

LOU! Bellas todas...soy tu fanatica!!! tal vez no la numero uno,pues tienes muchas... pero si la 2,3,4,5....Me encanto la de tu foto...sabes que soy tan sentimental! Love,BB

Jill Gregory said...

Lourdes, Each and every one of your projects were splendid! You obviously put a lot of work into each one of them & they all turned out fab-u-lous! You inspired me to order my digital studio in my next order. I love your sachet and card, too! Thanks for sharing your designs.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Very fun and festive Lourdes - love the dies the colors and the reminder to be thankful. Very fun to see some spanish stamps featured as well. I love our broadening range of foreign (to me anyway - LoL!) language stamps. Adds a bit of zing! Thanks for sharing the inspiration and the Southern Breezes that come through your projects.

Hugs from a sister demo - Jean

pat said...

I love, love, love your layout!
BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks